1. Double deep pallet racking is an improvement of standard selective pallet racking.
2. Double Deep Racking stores two pallets deep, or four pallets deep in a double entry rack.
3. The number of aisles reduced to achieve higher storage efficiency.
4. The system requires the use of a special reach forklift with either dual pantograph or slide fork attachments. Forklift heights are limited by load to about 10 meters.
5. Modified reach forklift with the ability to stack two pallets deep operating in almost conventional reach forklift aisles.
6. Upper levels can be fitted with guide rails to assist forklift drivers in locating pallets; they also help reduce fork truck operator error and accidental impact damage.
7. This system is best used when each stock keeping unit has several pallets. 50% immediate pallet access provides reasonable stock rotation on a FILO basis and makes good use of all available locations.
Double-deep pallet racking design drawing: